• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thank you NAXJA

xjbasher

NAXJA Forum User
I have been reading/searching this site for a few years now, never posted.
My latest problem with my XJ, a clunk in the front end. I searched for two days, off and on. After reading through all the info I went out and pretty much put a wrench on everything in the front end, no more noise. Thank you to everyone who has ever posted a solution to funny clicks, clunks, bangs and rattles.
I have a RE 3.5'' lift with full spring packs out back, HP30 and 8.25, crappy disco's, 231 TC all sitting on 31's. The front end has a nose down stance and I would like to put in the ACOS set up, and maybe shackles in back. I'm reading/hearing different opinions on what's going to happen once I do this.
My LCA are fixed uppers are stock, stock TB (going to get RE HD) damn this is getting long.
Question, once I do the ACOS and rear shackles am I going to need adj. arms, top or bottom? Should I wait to do SYE and DS until after I go up another 1.5?
Sorry for the long post, and thank you again to whomever it is that keeps this sight up and running as well as it does.

In that order? I wasn't going to buy everything at once...maybe I should. If I get the SYE and DL before I go up it won't be affected after the lil boost in height?

i would get the adj. arms...install them....adj track bar.....install it.....get the SYE....hold on to it.....get the lift parts, install them and the SYE and measure for your correct DS length. bbut thats me

You DO NOT need adjustable arms. The only reason I would say to get adjustable arms is because the RE adjustable uppers have a super flex joint where the fixed uppers have a super ride joint. Your fixed LCAs that came with the kit will be fine. There's no real need to spend the extra money.

Speaking of not needing to spend extra money, why an ACOS? They are $200. Why not just get a standard RE 1.75" poly spacer that's $30? And if you want to correct the raked stance, why add shackles? They'll just keep it the same once you've added spacers up front.

The idea was to bring the rig up a bit and level at the same time, I wasn't real clear about that. I also like the idea of adj. height after bumper and winch are added.
So no need on the adj. CA?

Back