• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Up to 8.5" on ADJ Short Arms?

jstggs

NAXJA Forum User
Can I go up to 8.5" of lift on adjustable short arms? The Control Arms I have have 4 inches of adjustment both upper and lower.

I can't decide wheter to go 6.5" 7.5" or 8.5"

If 6.5" I'll be running 4.5" coils and 2" spacers, 2" shackles and 4.5" leafs

If 7.5" It'll be 5.5" springs, 2" spacers, 5.5" springs and 2" shackles

If 8.5" I'll have 5.5" Springs and 3" worth of spacers, and 2" shackles and 6.5" springs.

Ideally I'd do a long arm kit but I want to keep the cost as low as possible. I'd like to run 35's but will settle for 34's if nessecary.

Anybody else doing/running something similar?

jstggs said:
Can I go up to 8.5" of lift on adjustable short arms? The Control Arms I have have 4 inches of adjustment both upper and lower.

I can't decide wheter to go 6.5" 7.5" or 8.5"

If 6.5" I'll be running 4.5" coils and 2" spacers, 2" shackles and 4.5" leafs

If 7.5" It'll be 5.5" springs, 2" spacers, 5.5" springs and 2" shackles

If 8.5" I'll have 5.5" Springs and 3" worth of spacers, and 2" shackles and 6.5" springs.

Ideally I'd do a long arm kit but I want to keep the cost as low as possible. I'd like to run 35's but will settle for 34's if nessecary.

Anybody else doing/running something similar?
um for the 7.5" and the 8.5" lifts, why not 7.5" coils?

Running at 8.5" of lift on short arms is a bad, bad, bad idea. The fact that your control arms have 4" of adjustment will not really make your Jeep ride any better because the suspension geometry will still be so far off.

If you only want to run 35s, run 4.5" of lift with those adjustable short arms and trim your fenders to clear the tires. You don't really need more lift than that if you're willing to cut the fenders back and bumpstop properly.

One more thing, I already have the SYE kit and somebody told me that you can use a front CV drifeshaft in place of the rear? Anybody esle heard of this? I'm kinda iffy on this but it sound like it has the possibility to work....

jstggs said:
One more thing, I already have the SYE kit and somebody told me that you can use a front CV drifeshaft in place of the rear? Anybody esle heard of this? I'm kinda iffy on this but it sound like it has the possibility to work....

Works on 3.5-4.5" lift...but will be way too short for your application. Whether it would work on yours with even that amount of lift depends on your drivetrain configuration, which you conveniently neglected to post. ;) Specs help when asking tech questions. :D

jstggs said:
Where could I find these drop brackets?
Rubicon Express, but instead of buying direct you might consider buying from one of the members here. JohnJohn at BigOffRoad comes to mind, but there are a couple of others.

At the very least get Drop Brackets, 5.5" is plenty of lift for 35s too. Might want to consider keeping it a bit lower than your plans.

Back