• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best street tires for 6" lifted XJ?

Double Down

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

Quick question I never got around to asking, but I have a 97 XJ with 6" of lift, 4.56 gears (d30/8.25) locked and right now I am running 33" TrXus MT radials and I would like to put something else on since I do a ton of highway driving and would like some better gas mileage and save the other tires for off-road.

Really trying not to put some little tires on there so it looks weird, so I am curious as to what you all have used or would recommend for a good DD tire. What sizes and specs should I be looking for?

Thanks,

Chris

I run the Yokohama geolander AT's. I have had them on for 40,000 miles and their is still planty of rubber left. Their great on the road and don't make much noise on the highway not to much more then passenger tires. The tires handle very well in in the snow and can handle some off road action. These where my primary tires untill I got a set of 35 MT/R's. I have the AT's in 32. Not very costley. I paid about 100 per tire but got them through work. I am very pleased with the tires and couldn't ask for any better for onroad use that can handle offroad and snow. I reconmend these others might say differnt. They also balance vey well have mine down to 0.0 on all four with out alot of weights even on AR steel rims with some rock rash.

BFG KOs or Terra Grapplers in 33x12.50. 33s are the best "middle gorund" for your 4.56s, I've run 31s to 35s on 4.56s, trust me lol.

Got KOs on my XJ for the street and they wear great, dad has them on his Z71 with over 70k miles on them.

Last edited:
I don't got a lift but got some BF all terrains and their quiet on the road and awsome in the snow and look decent. Probably pricey in your size.

tall and skinny for gas mileage.
I'd go 33x9.5
There's some trailbusters on ebay for $300 for the set, or you can go with BFG 33x9.5 all terrains.
I saw some trailbusters on an s10, they didn't look bad. I did some reaserch, seems to be made by kelly tire, looked like your average LT all terrain.
I plan on running those when I can afford to get a set of street tires.

Yeah forgot all about width, 10.50s would help.

I run 35" BFG KO's and like them. They are decent in the snow and get respectable lifetime mileage. For a good price check out Sam's Club online. They are a bit more pricey now but I paid about $150 each for mine a couple of years ago.

Def go BFG A/Ts. I am at 6.5" lift running BFG A/Ts (33x10.5x15). They have been awsome. I have used these for muddin and crawling and have no issues. They are also 3 ply sidewall which is good.

BrettM said:
yep, 33x9.50 or 10.50 would be great, and BFG A/Ts would be a great choice. I don't think they make them in a 9.50 anymore though.

I just bought a set of BFG A/T KO's in 33x9.5 just a few months ago. - I love 'em.

I had to go to tirerack dot com though, since nobody local stocked them... For all I know, that's because they're discontinued... but like I said, I just got some a few months ago.

my local tire guy said he can still get them. Quoted me $170 a tire, mounted and balanced.

i would try 4 wheelparts... they gave me a smokin deal on my tires... other places were wanting almost 50-100 more for what i wanted... they came through and set me up good. BFG's are the way to go for a good street and all around good tire.

Back