• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Limited Executive?

NXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know what this is?

dsc06365gg5.jpg

I ran the VIN and got "Limited oder Country", whatever that signifies? :dunno:

Last edited:
X2 on that. Never herd of it and the decal does not look like the same design as one Jeep would have put on for that year.

2000XJSPORT said:
X2 on that. Never herd of it and the decal does not look like the same design as one Jeep would have put on for that year.

Possibly - but remember he's in Norway, and we used to get a lot of special editions in Europe that were never available in the US; it was a fairly common thing for manufacturers to do to boost flagging sales of a given model. The Stealth and Orvis editions particularly stick in my mind, so the 'Executive' could well have been something that ran for a few months to get old stock off of the dealers' lots.

NXJ: what country is that XJ from?

casm said:
Possibly - but remember he's in Norway, and we used to get a lot of special editions in Europe that were never available in the US; it was a fairly common thing for manufacturers to do to boost flagging sales of a given model. The Stealth and Orvis editions particularly stick in my mind, so the 'Executive' could well have been something that ran for a few months to get old stock off of the dealers' lots.

Very true.

Many of those Limited Executives that are been sold in Germany (mobile.de) seems to be Limited models with some wooden decorations inside (steering wheel, doors and dashboard). At least I couldn't find any other difference.

-Kimmo-

Yeah, you're correct, it's imported from Germany. I looked through www.mobile.de, but very few of the "Executives" were equipped identical to the one I looked at.

First off, it had door handles and door tops in real wood (had that Mercedes-feel to it) and a leather steering wheel (ugly), the rest seemed like the "standard" stuff you get in the Limited (dashboard "wood", leather seats, Jensen speakers, A/C, etc, etc). Furthermore, the ting had a big-ass grill guard, running boards, rear lamp protectors and metallic paint. It all seemed like a special package, or something?

I'm a little bummed out by the "Limited oder Country"-thing. Is it Limited order Country, or Limited or (from oder, German) Country. Both would be strange since the Country trim level was introduced in 1993, and this is a 90.

casm said:

Orvis editions were pretty common over here in the states, only on ZJ's though, never saw an orvis edition TJ or XJ..

How did these different editions change what was on an XJ

Very nice looking Jeep.

Looks like some other factory decal peeled off (is that yellow stuff old glue?) and someone just put that executive sticker over it. The executive sticker looks like crap, and is obviously not something that would be put on a brand new car off of an assembly line....

RichP said:
Orvis editions were pretty common over here in the states, only on ZJ's though, never saw an orvis edition TJ or XJ..

Now that you mention it, I do believe I may have been confusing the Orvis XJs with some other European limited edition. Not sure which one, though.

NXJ said:
Well, here are the most obvious and attractive features.

Okay, the fake wood around the instrument panel and dash cubby were available as a factory accessory - I remember running across them a few weeks ago on some parts website, but can't recall which one. Not sure about the treatment on the door handles, door tops, and centre console, though; those may have been a Europe-only item.

See anything you like?

Yup - as long as it is what I think it is, I'll take the silver Peugeot 405 just visible through the windscreen in the first photo :D

Last edited:
Maybe the executive sticker is to denote it was used by a traveline salesmen?

Like salesmen that use a company car to drive around. Usually have only highway miles, are kept clean, maintained, etc......since he's a company employee?

I like the faux wood everywhere, my 89 Wagoneer has the same features wood wise that yours does.

The trim on the doors (do you have that, too?) was not fake, the clear coat layer was peeling off, so you could see the timber underneath.

Are these things cool, or just lame? Would you guys pay any extra to get all this Executive stuff?

NXJ said:
The trim on the doors (do you have that, too?) was not fake, the clear coat layer was peeling off, so you could see the timber underneath.

Are these things cool, or just lame? Would you guys pay any extra to get all this Executive stuff?
If you buy it I will give you cold, hard cash for the door handles (armrests) and console insert stuff. That thing is great. I love the wood look inside (even fake wood).

I've only got the wood trim (fake) for the dashpanel, and on the door armrests (not the handles, but the part directly below the window.....has a cushion in the middle)

It's nice, I like it.....

Back