• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are Rubicon 44's really that strong?

88XjLaredo

NAXJA Forum User
My friend has a 2004 Rubicon is currently on his 3rd front axle. I'm not sure what happened the first time, but the second time he broke it was because of a 10 foot jump off a hill. It was so bad that the shocks actually went through the hood. Obviously, not many axles are going to withstand that kind of abuse. This 3rd time, a couple of months ago, he hit a curb head on at about 30 mph. This pretty much destroyed the entire axle assembly and also caused severe damage to the frame and body tub. The Rubicon is still in the shop, nearly 3 months later...My question is how do the newer 44's compare in strength to older model Jeeps w/ 44's or from other vehicles?

the tubes are thin walled and are much weak
but trussing will fix that

the d30 actual(SP) is stronger when it comes to the houseing

I have heard, form some local wheelers with rubi's that they suck and they wish they would of just got a none rubi for the money they spent. No offence but your buddy sounds like a rich d-bag or just a hessian that is leasing and just flat out doesent give a ffffffff....

Back