• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock rims

ready to mud

NAXJA Forum User
will 32x11.5 bfg mud terrains work on the stock alloys. it looks like in the rear they might rub the leafs or they will be close. anybody know if they will clear the leafs or not

I ran 32x11.5's on my stock steel wheels. The rear rubbed when I stuffed and the front when I turned, but it worked out pretty good in general.

-C

I didn't have a problem with that. Only had about 3/4" clearance, but it was enough..

depends on which wheels you have...

7" wide and I would not run more then a 10.5 wide tire, I run 32x11.5 on my bronco with 15x8 wheels with no issues with abnormal wear like you could find with a 7" rim. Also another issue is factory backspacing causing the rubbing on the inside. If you have an 8" wheel with less then 5" of back spacing I say go for it.

Ok, let me make this more clearerer for you. :)

I ran 32x11.5 R15 tires on 15x7" stock wheels with 5.25" of backspacing for a year with no problems. I aired down to 10 pounds regularly, played on rocks, sand, mud. I never rubbed my leafs, the tires tucked ok, and rubbed when stuffed in the rear or turning in the front.

It's not prime, but it will be ok to do.

-C

ok thank you that answered my question 100% this will not be permanent i just really cant afford new rims for a month or two. i also have the 15x7 with 5.25 backspacing and i wasnt sure cause it looks like it will be close

thanks for the help guys. tires are on and i love them. around town i still have plenty of power and the highway seems fine. also i ran bead balancing and man i love those, balances out perfect and is more forgiving to mud and snow in the rims than hammer on weights.

cal,and ready to mud,how much lift do you have on your cherokees to clear the 32" tires? wouldn't that be a factor in if they rub ot not?

i have the rustys 3 inch. i wasnt worried about the fenders i knew they would rub there i was just asking about leafspring clearance. i have to admit though i can stuff them better than i thought i would be able to before they start rubbing. i will just need to do a tiny bit of trimming on the rear and put in some extended rear bumpstops and there will be no rubbing. the front doesnt even get very close to rubbing

Back