• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Under car 4WD Linkage

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
2000 Sport.

Okay so my linkage under the Jeep from the 4WD lever to the T-case is all jacked up. Im going to need to replace it all because I have messed with it to much to try and keep it from popping out, with little to no success.

Would you suggest going to a Junk Yard and pulling all the linkage off of a Cherokee or going to the dealer and ordering all the parts that I need?

I tried to fix it but there are some pieces missing and I don’t want to jerry rig it again. I only use 4WD when I need it and if I have to keep getting under there to manually engage it im going to go insane because there is a huge skid plate in the way.

Thanks.

I'd go to the junkyard, and if you have no manual, either take careful notes on how the original is put together or post back for help in setting it up. It's really not that complicated, and it's pretty reliable, so once you have it set up right it should last.

Whatever I just ordered the Novak set up. Im sure that its allot cheaper than buying new sh*t from the dealer. Its going to be a PITA to install with the skid plate there so I guess i'll have to drop it.

Back