• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lighting thoughts and plans

PolishX

NAXJA Forum User
ok Have a 98 XJ with factory fogs ... Installing ORFAB bumper and want to swap my fogs over to the hella 500 . BUT driving lights not foggers... NOW the issue I cant seem to figure out after reading my FSM is how to get them to stay on with the hibeams on . I want to use the factory switch and wiring . the different modules baffle me . ALSO lastly . Anyone running the 500's . any diff in heat build up or fuse blowing or anything catastrophic I need to look out for ... thanks

If you get the hella's spend the extra 20 bucks and get the clear covers they are worth the money especially if you break one and a new lens is 30 or more.

My recommendation is for KC's. They offer 23-year warranty, including bulbs. I burned two bulbs out in my Slimlites so far (when replacing the first I touched the second) and all I paid to replace them was $1-$2 to ship them back.

Slimlites are great, 130W, but obviously a little more dough.

Back