• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trans sendor malfunction?

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
ok i have had my check engine light been goin off in my jeep for a while and its always been somethin to do with the oxygen sensors or oxygen heater malfunction but a couple times when i have checked and cleared it it came back with trans sensor malfunction. what is that i mean obviously it has somethin to do with the transmission but where is that sensor? is that a fancy way of sayin that my Neutral Safety Switch is goin bad or just dirty? my jeep is a 97 XJ country 4.0L AW4 4x4 with a 3.5" lift and 31" tires and corrected speedo

ok i was thinkin about it and it might have said trans range sensor malfunction. oh and i just realized that i spelled sensor wrong in the title

Yes, it's saying your NSS probably needs removed and cleaned. Do a search for NSS cleaning and you'll get a number of hits, including one from Go-Jeeps web site.

Back