• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

made myself some sway disco's

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
didn't like the bent tube that disconnects and both ends style ones I have now, so since I work where they're made I decided to do my own style.

These cost me about 20 bucks in materials and about 20 minutes of work.

Now I can disconnect one end and twist them up outta the way. dont mind the colors, i just sprayed the bars i made black, everything else was pre-coated from finished inventory

disco.jpg

Looks nice. Got a pic of the axle mount?

Those look really good. Do you have a complete parts list for those of us who don't know the names of the things we are looking at?

splitz said:
Those look really good. Do you have a complete parts list for those of us who don't know the names of the things we are looking at?

2 - top U bracket with offset top hole
2 - 1/4" lynch pins
4 - shock eye loops
2 - 6" long ¾" solid stock
4 - bushings
4 - sleeves
4 - assorted nuts/bolts/washers
2 - short pieces of 1" x .120W tube

Nice job, are you just bungee cording them up in place when they are not conected?

I'd like to note that I just commuted home on these for the first time and I must say... WOW.

I didn't really expect to see a handling difference over the solid links i had at first, or even really over the Warrior ones I had from work, but holy crap.

Before these I had a good 3" dead movement space in my steering wheel, and these new links seem to have cured it up almost completely, its quite the difference.

BonesBrosChris said:
Nice job, are you just bungee cording them up in place when they are not conected?

I think so, I might try to build a system to pin them to the subframe.

i wouldnt know where to get some of those parts, and i can't weld...(assuming thats the only way to join the solid stock and tubeing.) would you ever consider building more of these? if not i guess i gotta find the u-bracket, bushings, sleeves, and shock-eye hoops, (where would i find those?) and have a shop weld the tube and stock and id be all set.

I've actually already agreed to make two more sets for some friends. Making them to sell isn't really an option for me because I make them at work, and theres policy against me making things for profit, especially when its something we manufacture something similar to. I might make a set every now and then and ebay them off.

Jason... can I be one of those friends you make the disco's for? :wave1: I live in Idaho but grew up in Silverton, OR if that counts for anything... I'm sure we were neighbors?

I am with these other guys, just a little closer....I would love to be a buddy. I am lifting my XJ in the next couple of weeks so i am going to be looking to make a set. I would buy the parts if you could do the welding for me. I am not welding inclined and don't have a welder.
Just let me know if you get some extra time.....

PBen

Those look great... Does the hole in the top U bracket need to be offset ? The reason I ask is I just bought a set of disconnects that don't have the U bracket and need to make some.

I could really use a set of these. Im in beaveton running 7.5" coils with no sway bar for awhile now and want to tighten it back up. If you work were I think you does jerry (fabricator) still work there? If so tell him the Long arms he made me have been working great!

Back