• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC Problem?

IdeaMan

NAXJA Forum User
I drove the Jeep nearly 8 hours straight the other day with the AC on almost the whole time. AC works great and is cold. Near the end of the trip I went around a sharp freeway on-ramp and water splashed on my foot. I also had quite a pool of water coming out the bottom front of my passenger side framerail when I stopped. There are a couple holes there where it was leaking out. Now I assume it's condensation from the AC but I don't know how it gets to that spot and I don't know how it gets inside on my feet. Anyone have experience with this? Could this water be rusting out my frame rails?

Look on the passenger side firewall, right above the frame rail, see the little hose sticking out ? Thats the drain. Sometimes it gets partially or fully blocked and you need to clean it out. Sometimes a burst of air will clear it, sometimes you need to use a physical implement, plastic so it won't make holes in soft metal like the evaporator or heater core...

Back