• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clear Corner Lights

Starboard M

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Im thinking about buying some clear turn signal and marker lights for the front of my 99.

Only thing is, I dont know how well they light up. Mainly for the turn signals.
During the day, can you see these?

Also, does anyone know other places to get these other then ebay?
For both the marker and turn signals?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-0...2QQihZ002QQcategoryZ33717QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I want the bling!:gag:

If you stick with standard bulbs, you'll be fine. My turn signals in the front of the '91 are factory clear and I have the clear sidemarkers with led bulbs. The LED replacement bulbs have no light dispersion and get lost behind the reflector.
If you want to go clear/clear in the front, you can get "stealth" bulbs at places like auto illumination on the cheap, coated silver but light up amber. My wife's MINI has those in the signals and they work great but don't have that amber tint to them when they're off.

I bought mine from makoautotrends on ebay. They use the standard type bulb. I have seen several other XJs around here with the same style lights and they light up a little better in my opinion. But, they do us the standard bulb, idk if you are interested in that compare to the led. They were also a little cheaper like 35+15 shipping and handling.

JTwthaXJ said:
I bought mine from makoautotrends on ebay. They use the standard type bulb. I have seen several other XJs around here with the same style lights and they light up a little better in my opinion. But, they do us the standard bulb, idk if you are interested in that compare to the led. They were also a little cheaper like 35+15 shipping and handling.
Do you have a link for them? I searched and didnt find it.

So if I use the stock bulbs, then it will be orange when the blinker is on?

Back