• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aftermarket shifter

What year is your XJ? Do you know which trans you have?

The AW4 automatic isn't controlled like the old-skool Toruqe Flites and GM Hydromatics, and as such there isn't a B&M or Hurst setup for it. There's a vendor on here who makes an AW4 shifter setup thats pretty cool that allows for manual shifting.

If you have an earlier Jeep (pre-4.0L) I believe it has an AMC Cased Torqueflite, and as such an aftermarket shifter for that particular Chrysler trans SHOULD work.. I'll let someone else give the definate answer on that though.

WWallstev said:
Has anyone used a hurst,or a b&m automatic shifter their xj I would like to try to make one work if it's doable.

why? your current shifter is a similar style, i can rifle from forward to nuetral to reverse without even thinkin about it

i have a hurst short throw shiter in my 93 but its a 5spd so that prolly wont help you much

Last edited:
How do you like your short shifter with the manual trany? I have been thinking of doing it to my '96.

Thanks,

xj_toker said:
i have a hurst short throw shiter in my 93 but its a 5spd so that prolly wont help you much

I didnt know they made one for the AX-15

Back