• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New 8.25 disk brake conversion question

Israel

NAXJA Forum User
I found a rear axle from a 93 Grand Cherokee for 80 bucks a couple weeks ago with disk brakes on it. I snatched it up and only realized later that all the sites I had bookmarked said I needed a 94-98 GC setup. Has anyone performed this conversion using a 93? Do I now have an 80.00 paperweight?

The reason it is said 94-98 is because most 93's had drums, and disk was standard later. IIRC it was only the 5.2ltr's that got the disks in 93 with the D35, and in 94 the 5.2 went to the alum-44.

scoobyxj said:
The reason it is said 94-98 is because most 93's had drums, and disk was standard later. IIRC it was only the 5.2ltr's that got the disks in 93 with the D35, and in 94 the 5.2 went to the alum-44.

Ok, that makes sense. I just didn’t want to get both axles apart and then find that it wasn’t going to work. Thanks for the help!

Back