• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ flares on a -96

I've done it...
Heep101106001.jpg

I think to make it look right you need to get the 97+ rear bumper/ends and cut your front fenders flush with the header panel atleast. And for some reason I can't get them to stay on right. I've lost one at freeway speed and just narrowly caught two others right before they flew off. I used the stock brackets and everything, so I'm lost but anyway...yeah they look good. I've got the new rear bumper and endcaps on as well now so I'm pretty happy. Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to answer. I pretty much followed the write-up on Go-Jeep's site to do all my 97+ swapping. Anyway, hope it helps.
-Collin

BigBlackHeep said:
I've done it...

And for some reason I can't get them to stay on right. I've lost one at freeway speed and just narrowly caught two others right before they flew off. I used the stock brackets and everything, so I'm lost but anyway...
-Collin

The fender flares on my '99 never stayed on. Had a 3" lift w/ 31's, and they would pop off wheneven I drove over train tracks, huge potholes, etc...Ended up loosing one for good while trail riding at night once.

Just sold the thing, finally, with only 3 of the 4 flares, and only one still attached to the jeep.

Flares on my '95 have proven more durable thus far; they bend back whenever you hit something with them and they never fly off. Wouldn't replace them for the world.

NJ95JeepXJ said:
The fender flares on my '99 never stayed on. Had a 3" lift w/ 31's, and they would pop off wheneven I drove over train tracks, huge potholes, etc...Ended up loosing one for good while trail riding at night once.

Just sold the thing, finally, with only 3 of the 4 flares, and only one still attached to the jeep.

Flares on my '95 have proven more durable thus far; they bend back whenever you hit something with them and they never fly off. Wouldn't replace them for the world.
Haha that sucks. Yeah the one I lost on the freeway is a lost cause, good thing it didn't hit anyone though. I dunno, I hated the 96- ones so for me it'll either be getting the newer ones to stay on...or going back to flareless again.

Back