• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler springs?

XJRunner

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone here have rock krawler 4.5 inch springs? How do the ride? Are the soft enough for some sand duneing and wash bashing at high speed? Are they worth buying?

Thanks for the help!
Matt

I've got a Rock Krawler 4.5 inch short arm lift on mine. The springs are harder than stock, but I don't think they are too stiff. I do mainly rocks and mud off road. You don't find that much sand around Ohio. Most people around here think the BDS set-up is a little less harsh than the Rock Krawler.

I have had the springs for 3 years now. I disagree with the previos post they are soft and flex really well. I don't do any high speed dunes so I can't speak to that. The rears really don't hold weight well. I have alot of weight and i knew it was sagging. I am doing an axle swap and when I pulled the rear tires with the axle on jackstands holding the weight the springs were flat. When I go the weight off they came back to full arch. I am combining these with a S-10 pack to hold the weight better. I'll see how the experiment goes.

I flexed much better than a friend of mine and he liked it so much he bought his own.

Matt

edit: by the way 4.5 short arm going to Ford Radius arms and keeping the front springs.

Back