• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Luv my turkey

I bought my first jeep a couple weeks ago after being a hardcore toyota guy for years. Got a 98 Cherokee stock in super clean condition. My 2 year old cant say cherokee, so she calls it the jeep turkey. Anyway slapped a 2 inch bb on it and a set of 31's on wrangler 15x8 aluminum rims and with minor rubbing it rides great. Just drove it 2500 miles over Tday vacation and averaged 20mpg adjusted for larger tires. The 31's are almost exactly 10% larger than stock, so the calcs are easy.

Comparisons to the yodas? more windnoise, more power, not quite as comfortable seats, about the same mpg, and super easy to lift. Oh yeah, paid about 1/3 of what a similar year 4runner would run.

Great family car!

Mark

Congrats......... and welcome to the sick obsession. Soon you'll begin to Just Empty Every Pocket like the rest of us. It can get outta hand. Once you start to modify them, it's like crack:smoker: ............er, so i'm told.

Back