• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Owner Questions

roboter

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone. I picked up a 92 Cherokee Laredo for a song yesterday and have a few questions. The brake pedal sticks and I have to pull it up w/ my foot while driving. The problem seems to be the booster which will be replaced but while I'm at it, I thought about changing the master cylinder as well. Opinions on whether or not this is a good idea. I hate buying parts when I don't have too. Great board btw. NAXJA :spin1:

TIA

Will post pics soon.

Last edited:
How long did the vehicle sit before you bought it? Is there a return spring on the brake pedal? May just need to shoot some lubricant up there where the pedal rotates and use it for awhile.. If that fixes the problem, and the brakes work well I would replace the master cylinder or booster. Rick

rickoregon said:
How long did the vehicle sit before you bought it? Is there a return spring on the brake pedal? May just need to shoot some lubricant up there where the pedal rotates and use it for awhile.. If that fixes the problem, and the brakes work well I would replace the master cylinder or booster. Rick

Sorry, this should read "... I would NOT replace the master cylinder or booster." -Rick

Back