• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys or Clayton's Coils???

sik4wheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to buy either rusty's or clayton's 6.5" coils for my xj. It is my DD for now and also the weekend wheeler. I am looking for good flexing springs that are also decent on-road. Thanks. - Nick

I like RE coils over Rustys, his seem too soft.

Claytons doesnt make coils, are you takling the whole kit?

If so, claytons is the best, rustys is the worst.

Claytons kit uses rockkrawler springs and shocks

sik4wheeler said:
I don't know if clayton makes the coils, but he does sell them seperate.

Some reason I'm thinking they're RK coils..not sure though

me too, have you ever actually ran rustys springs, and know for a fact that they suck?? i have em and cant tell why you would think that. if its because "ive read and heard that rustys makes crappy parts" than you need to ask the right people.

now im not saying that rustys is the best, everyone thinks differently, but unless you have a true reason why rustys is the worst, just dont say it, hes got good prices, and all the times ive dealt with him, good service.

so dont just post up hear say, post actual oppinions that have come from first hand experience.

im sorry but ive been running the 8.5-9" coils and I dont see a single thing wrong with them? i dont know how they compare to any other company besides rough country.. wow.. theyre definitely 10x better than them.. but i find nothing wrong with them, rides fine down the highway and they compress very well when flexing.. dont seem to soft or too hard.

Back