• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best bumper for a 36?

MYXJ22

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Custom4x4fabrication rear now and it is tearing my jeep apart with my 35. I am going to be running 36's soon and there is no way the bumper will handle it. Looking for a rock solid bumper that can take the abuse of the 36x13.50 Irok . I would show you what it looks like but I cant post pics for a while since I'm a newbie. Thanks for the inputs.
~Justin

MYXJ22 said:
I have a Custom4x4fabrication rear now and it is tearing my jeep apart with my 35. I am going to be running 36's soon and there is no way the bumper will handle it. Looking for a rock solid bumper that can take the abuse of the 36x13.50 Irok . I would show you what it looks like but I cant post pics for a while since I'm a newbie. Thanks for the inputs.
~Justin
you can post a pic, just use a photo host such as photobucket.

The Rigid Co bumper tire carrier holds my 35x12.50 just fine. With the steel rim, its about 90lbs or so. I've never had a problem with it and it doens't make a noise.

standard

standard

Does it bump around when your driving kinda making the front suspension battle the rear? Also with the swing out carrier, do you have to have to fully open to open the tailgate? Thanks for the pics it looks like it mounts really well to the frame.

53guy said:
The Rigid Co bumper tire carrier holds my 35x12.50 just fine. With the steel rim, its about 90lbs or so. I've never had a problem with it and it doens't make a noise.

standard

standard

yeah, you do have to open the swing arm at leat 90* to open the lift gate. It kinda bumps around, but its not any more unstable than having a roof rack. It tends to sway when I go over washboards or heavy bumps around 15-30mph, but nothign serious. You won't find it on the Terry's site. He's a lousy webmaster. He builds bumpers, not web sites, so give him a call and he'd be more than willing to supply pictures and prices and such. Leave him a message or shoot him an email is the best way to get in touch with him.

Back