• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hole in Transfer Case!!!!

Matt99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Can someone please look at their 242 and tell me what is supposed to be in this hole!!! I am loosong a TON of fluid out of it.
TC Hole

Nope the breather is toward the top and is still there. BTW that hole is right by the TC linkage.

According to my 94 FSM, that's part #55, "Seal Plug." I can't tell if that is a threaded part or not from the FSM.

If I'm reading this right, there is a range fork lockpin behind the plug, that is removed with a #1 easy-out tool.

I figured it out! There is supposed to be a rubber plug in there. Guess mine just fell out:confused:

I went today to local dealer. The part number for the plug is 15 105 but they say DC doesn't stock it. Any solution?

belfer said:
I went today to local dealer. The part number for the plug is 15 105 but they say DC doesn't stock it. Any solution?

Try a local parts store or go to the local junkyard and pull one off of another jeep.

Kim

FWIW, I lost that same plug in mine a while back. I dried up the area around/in the hole as best as I could. Then I got a little blob of RTV on the end of my finger and kinda just pushed it into the hole to make a plug. It hasn't leaked for 2 years now, so it's good. Just be sure to let it dry before driving it, like overnight...

Back