• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opinions on this trans cooler

fordtech

NAXJA Forum User
Im going to have the front end of the jeep apart to replace the condenser, so I figure it is a good time to add a trans cooler.

I figure I just need a small add-on to the radiator heat exchanger. I dont tow, and only offroad on occasion anymore. I found this http://store.summitracing.com/partd...&part=DER-13220&N=4294888847+115&autoview=sku its allittle larger than the OE aux cooler, will fit well in front of the condenser, and should be a nice add-on cooler for 30 bucks. I could go with the 24 inch long one, but that seems alittle too big.

i plan to put it after the rad....it should keep it at a reasonable temp without being too cool.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Its a good idea to add a additional trans cooler. I use a Haydens (sp??) 403 trans cooler and mounted right in front of the condensor.

A trans cooler is always a good idea. I would make sure you hard mount it though. Don't use any plastic attachments that may come with it to mount it to the condensor (although that particular one desn't seem to come with those crappy plastic attachment things).

DXJ said:
A trans cooler is always a good idea. I would make sure you hard mount it though. Don't use any plastic attachments that may come with it to mount it to the condensor (although that particular one desn't seem to come with those crappy plastic attachment things).

definitally avoiding the 'zip-tie' mounts. I found that pretty much all tube-n-fin style have that....plate style usually dont..

think Im going with that one.

Back