• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mystery I6 exhaust manifold

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
It was included with my 89 XJ when I bought it 15 months ago, and was looking at it closer today...

It exits at approx a 45* back slope, vs the Renix 4.0 straight down exit, and lacks any ports for the O2 or EGR(?) It's in great shape, Possibly new with a little surface rust

Is this a 4.2 item or maybe one from a HO 4.0?

See if you can find a CJ with a 258 engine for comparison -- my guess is that's what you've got.

Hmmm...was looking at a catalog yesterday, and it looks alot like the Banks and Heddman 91-99 4.0 HO pipe (which doesn't show a O2 port) and NOTHING like the 4.2 pipes...if the pics and part #s are accurate.

Will try to sneak a peek at the engineer's 94 HO today at work and see what I can tell.

It's probably a YJ Wrangler header.

3 into 2 to 1, with the 2-1 collector close coupled? No O2, no EGR?

The sweep back is also consistant with the YJ.

FWIW, the YJ header has a much better service life than the XJ log. Add an O2 bung in the collector and it works very well (and delete the EGR if emission legal, most tech's will not notice.)

Back