• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift question

lobsterdmb

Just a Lobster Minion
NAXJA Member
Ok, I have a Rusty's 3 inch AAL lift on my Jeep now with a 1 inch t-case drop. I was thinking about ordering new 3.5" rear spring packs from RE and putting a .75 inch coil spring spacer in up front to give me a little more lift. I was wondering what other things I might need if I increase my lift like this. Also I was wondering how much lift ppl with the RE 3.5" spring packs have actually gotten in the rear, cause I have heard that RE packs give you more than advertised. I am running stock bumpers so I have minimal weight in the front and rear. Should I also intall some degree shims for pinion angle? I am going to be getting an ajustable track bar to take care of that. I am going to continue to run my current 31's. Also I have no rear swaybar. Thanks for the help in advance.

Johnny

Not sure what year your jeep is??

You will at least need to re-locate your breaklines (I would recommend longer SS lines instead).

You might also need to re-shim your rear dif so as not to add stress to your driveshaft. Depending on the year you might need a SYE at that height.

Michael

it is a 96, i am not shimmed right now, so what degree shims should i consider. i already know about the break lines. how about control arms?

Almost everything you're asking depends on whether or not you get vibes.
I have a 92 w/4.5" and no vibes...
every vehicle is different though and you may end up spending money for stuff you don't need. (shims, TC Drop)

I'm unsure about RE spring packs, but you should sit slightly higher in the back, so even if its a little high you'll be fine.

I don't think that you'll need Control arms yet, but if you think you'll ever go higher in the future, save for adjustables and do it right the first time.

HTH

John

Back