• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Here is one for ya.

crazyXj33

NAXJA Forum User
The jeep runs great as soon as I accelerate it SOMETIMES (only every now and then) bogs down almost like it started to get gas but quit sucking fuel. I will hit the gas again and no problems. Does anyone know what this might be?

This might be old news to some of you but I found out that there was a recall on the brake rotors for the years 1996-1999. Due to the rotors splitting.

Year would be nice. Engine would help. Maybe even throw in the trans you have.

Since you didn't take the time to fill out your profile.

They went to composite over the shatty cast rotors in 2k.

crazyXj33 said:
The jeep runs great as soon as I accelerate it SOMETIMES (only every now and then) bogs down almost like it started to get gas but quit sucking fuel. I will hit the gas again and no problems. Does anyone know what this might be?

This might be old news to some of you but I found out that there was a recall on the brake rotors for the years 1996-1999. Due to the rotors splitting.

Might be a bad TPS.

Nods on the rotors, I bought my 1997 XJ used and discovered several radial cracks in both rotors. Didn't take it into dealer, just ponied up the $19.95 each at the local Auto Zone.

my 95 does the same thing when it is not warmed up but only every now and then, i have yet to come to a conclusion, but TPS sounds possible.

Back