• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T&T trackbar and HD mount

All though I have not installed it yet, mine came with one bolt, which is for the track bar to frame mount end. I am assuming you have to use the stock bolt on the axle end, unless I am missing something.

xj_mike said:
All though I have not installed it yet, mine came with one bolt, which is for the track bar to frame mount end. I am assuming you have to use the stock bolt on the axle end, unless I am missing something.

I think I just got an extra one. Both bolts I recieved were identical.

mine came with two Allen wrench bolts also but i used the OEM bolt. Make sure ur bracket bolts are tight and maybe even put a lock washer on them cause i ve snapped a tracbar mount and bent another one cause my bolts vibrated loose.

I used the two allen head bolts that came with it. I originaly used my oem one but I snapped that one on the trail. I'm glad I had the new one in my tool box.

busted.jpg

busted2.jpg

jwtrapper said:
I used the two allen head bolts that came with it. I originaly used my oem one but I snapped that one on the trail. I'm glad I had the new one in my tool box.

Well, the allen head I was trying to use was too long. It was hitting the axle before I got it tight. And did you use a nut on the allen head bolt or the OEM piece that you thread it in (cant think of the name?)

jwtrapper said:
I snapped that one on the trail. I'm glad I had the new one in my tool box.
busted2.jpg
What trail is that,I dont ever want to go there!:laugh3:

What trail is that,I dont ever want to go there!:laugh3:

Well technically I was not on the trail when it happened. I had just finished and was in a parking lot and got under there to tighten it up because it was loose. I underestimated my own brute strength and snapped it like a little twig. :) This was on Medano Trail that leads into The Great Sand Dunes National Monument here in Colorado.

Oh and yes I just reused the oem nut, I was not able to get a new one in there. I was thinking about going to the dealer and getting a new one to use but its worked fine so far.

Back