• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Socal Odyssey Pricing

I'm running the Odyssey Orbital Deep cycle in the XJ, It has been a great addition to the winch. I think I paid $155 at Kragen. I put the Napa version, Orbital O6 in the MJ and have been happy with it as well. I think it was ~$120. I would buy either of them again. Future plans for the XJ call for a second deep cycle and it will be the Odyssey. When I flopped my rig last year the battery got a good workout before I was righted again and could start the engine.

That's my 2.48325 cents and I'm sticking to it.

:D

Which one is the deep cycle? I see 1200 and 1200MJT, and it looks like they are both deep cycle, except for terminals.

I am in for a pair of deep cycle 1200-family. Prefer something that can hook up my winch and marine style battery wires.

Bent: Orbital is not Odyssey. It is Exide. I am sure Grant has seen a lot of them fail, usually leaking from the side terminal.

Hey Grant, can you get pricing on PC680 and 625, too? I am working on a plan for my other XJ.

I need a new engine battery for my Class C RV its a ford e350 from 1989. It is supposed to have a group 64 battery. (odd size) the last guy who had it threw in a small group 56 for something that fits.

My house batteries are fine.

What should I put in there?

Kevin Hedstrom

Kevin3151 said:
I need a new engine battery for my Class C RV its a ford e350 from 1989. It is supposed to have a group 64 battery. (odd size) the last guy who had it threw in a small group 56 for something that fits.

Kevin Hedstrom

I'll get you a price today. It may work with a group 65 (a little larger than a 64) if the tray will take it. What is the motor that this thing is starting? Do you need a cheapo float tender for it to keep it charged when not in use?

Bent said:
I'm running the Odyssey Orbital Deep cycle in the XJ, It has been a great addition to the winch. I think I paid $155 at Kragen. I put the Napa version, Orbital O6 in the MJ and have been happy with it as well. I think it was ~$120. I would buy either of them again. Future plans for the XJ call for a second deep cycle and it will be the Odyssey. When I flopped my rig last year the battery got a good workout before I was righted again and could start the engine.

That's my 2.48325 cents and I'm sticking to it.

:D

Yes, Orbital's are not Odyssey batteries. Odyssey's use pure lead and have a four year free replacement, with much greater cycling capacity AND in a much smaller foot print than any of the orbital products. This is the battery that is powering all of the tanks in Iraq after trial and error with other AGM products, which is how I learned of the line.

Kevin3151 said:

Kevin Hedstrom

Kevin,

$156.88 plus the gov't share.

Grant

gcurtis said:
Eddie, the PC680 (motorcycle battery) will be $85 and the PC625 (watercraft) is $80.

Thanx. Darn good prices. :) Let me do some measurements underneath the back seat and see which ones fit better. Do you see any major charging or starting problems with hardwiring 2 identical 680 or 625 batteries in parallel?

Eddie G. said:
Thanx. Darn good prices. :) Let me do some measurements underneath the back seat and see which ones fit better. Do you see any major charging or starting problems with hardwiring 2 identical 680 or 625 batteries in parallel?

Starting shouldn't be an issue. Charging should be fine if wired up properly. RC will be hovering right around 50 minutes, so as long as that is enough you should be great! Good thinking, professor.

It does seem like my Optima Blue Top (D34M) is on its last legs.

Eddie: it appears ALL Odyssey batteries are considered Deep Cycle as there is no other model.

http://www.enersysreservepower.com/ody_b.asp?brandID=5?brandID=5

Since heat seems to be what kills my batteries, I'm thinking I want one with the metal jacket. They have a higher heat rating:

http://www.enersysreservepower.com/ody_b.asp?routine=ody_spec&brandID=5

So I haven't decided if I want the PC1200MJT or the PC1700MJT and will try and squeeze the extra length in...

Or I may just shove another Blue Top back in there...

http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/optima/americas0/en/config/product_info/marine/technical_specs.html

BTW: It seems the Excide and Odyssey ARE related. I guess the parent company Enersys makes both of them:

http://www.enersys.com/backgrd.asp

So Grant, what's pricing for both of those bad boys? PC1200MJT and PC1700MJT (and availability)

Thanks!
BBurge

They have a new 1500 that is great if you are just replacing the stock battery. I run the 1200 because of space with the OBA.

bburge said:
Yeah, but the 1500 (which doesn't seem to appear on their site, but I found it at another site) doesn't have the same terminals and doesn't come in the metal case version.

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc1500.htm

bburge

The description doesn't jive with the photo. "Top tin plated brass SAE terminals and side receptacle 3/8-16UNC-2B terminals"

bburge said:
Yeah, but the 1500 (which doesn't seem to appear on their site, but I found it at another site) doesn't have the same terminals and doesn't come in the metal case version.

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc1500.htm

bburge

Bill, I'll have pricing and specs this afternoon when I get back in the office. They are changing part numbers right now and designing some automotive BCI compliant group sizes, so there is some confusion in information that is out there.

I run a pair of PC1200s right now.

best batteries I have EVER had....

fwiw.. the PC 1200 is basically the same capacity as an optima yellow top..

about 2/3rds the size though lighter and lasts ALOT longer..

Back