• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Advice needed on adding more lift

Ferrite

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

I am seeking advice from others that have gone down this same (or similar) road...

We're talking about a '94 XJ, D30 front w/ Detroit Trutrac, D35 rear, 4.10 gears, 3.5" RE super-flex lift w/ full spring packs and adjustable track bar. Currently it has 31x10.5 BFG AT's on 15x8 wheels.

While the NP242 TC is currently lowered 1" to correct the angles, it is temporary and I will be installing a Tom Woods SYE and new driveshaft.

That is where my question starts -

In addition to the SYE and driveshaft, I also have, sitting on a shelf, a 2" BB from Rocky Road Outfitters (2" spacer front, 1.5" longer shackle for rear + .5" lift block) that I would like to install so I can fit 32's or possibly 33's at some point in the not-so-distant future. I will most likely never go larger than 33's on this rig, and would like to avoid cutting, or keep it to a minimum.

So...on with the actual question...Would I be correct in thinking that I need to install the BB before measuring for and ordering the new driveshaft? Or does it matter...since it will be a CV-style DS with travel built into it?

Also, with a total of 5.5" lift, would I need to replace the stock UCA with (possibly adjustable) new ones, such as from RE? What about my current RE LCA's...will they be sufficient, or will I need to upgrade to ALCA's?

Thanks for any input you may provide.

Last edited:
Back