• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camshaft for Racing

profonde

NAXJA Forum User
Hi there,
I was wondering which type of drawbacks will i have during racing if i put on a mild camshaft?. Type of racing i do is kinda rally cross so i will be in the high rev range. The engine starts pulling from 3000 after an up shift. But i also need a reliable engine cause its a race i dont want a car that doesnt starts easily idle poor etc.

Any info would be appreciated.

i might be thinking of it in the near future because i am not sure if a stroker will be reliable for racing??? what you think?

A 4.6L stroker uses all factory parts :D A stroker should live just as long as a regular 4.0L so long as its not over revved. The stroker crank comes from the 4.2L Jeep motors and they have been around forever. I have yet to hear of a stroker blowing up due to crank failure just because. Motors have been blown up due to other causes like bad rings or bearings, or lack of oil, or over revved but not just because its a stroker. I have a stroker with 12k miles on it now that I built 2 years ago and just about every other day I will tack it out to 5krpm. It still idles great with the Crane cam and no other driveability issues with the motor even after numerous drag racing runs as well as hi RPM sand running. I have had the oil pan off to fix a minor leak and everything inside looks good and solid. If the stroker is built with good well known solid parts and its kept under 5500RPM the motor will be fine for racing.

AARON

Back