• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG krawler question...

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
im really looking at getting a set of 35 13.50 krawlers for the jeep and i was woundering if i could have some feed back on them, some pros and cons and can these be ran on the road at all or is it just a bad idea all together i only drive about 20 miles to work....

Justpunchit said:
im really looking at getting a set of 35 13.50 krawlers for the jeep and i was woundering if i could have some feed back on them, some pros and cons and can these be ran on the road at all or is it just a bad idea all together i only drive about 20 miles to work....
Krawlers are awesome. I've never heard of anyone who hated them. You can run them on the road, but they won't last long doing that.

All second hand info from mulitple sources on xj's. Incredible tire on the trail. They get very few miles on the street. They are VERY heavy so expect more breakage than you would expect with other 35's.

Michael

I wheel with a few guys running the 35" flavour of Krawlers and they do hook up very well. Like was mentiond already they are super heavy tires so they seem to cause more breakage than say...an MTR, or BFG MT of a similar size so if you're not build strong expect to break often.

Krawlers are incredible. I have put around 40K street miles on my 37's and about 75% left. the 35's I had on my YJ went through 2 years of NEUROC and still have over 50% leftt. never had a failure.

rokspydr said:
Krawlers are incredible. I have put around 40K street miles on my 37's and about 75% left. the 35's I had on my YJ went through 2 years of NEUROC and still have over 50% leftt. never had a failure.
What? 40K on Krawlers and you still have 75% tread left? That is very, very hard to believe. You're saying you'd expect to get 160K on them until they are completely bald. That's BS.

Starscream918 said:
What? 40K on Krawlers and you still have 75% tread left? That is very, very hard to believe. You're saying you'd expect to get 160K on them until they are completely bald. That's BS.
Holy cow....I've got red label 39's on my buggy and 7 good trail rides is about all I get before they are 75% tread and I sell them and get another set. You have got to be running blue labels.

KarlVP said:
The blue label krawlers last MUCH longer than the red label.

blue labels - 10-12k on the road, MAX
red labels - 4-5k on the road, MAX

ive used the blues, my buddy got a set of reds for free, w/ one run on them, they were about 80% after that run, they lasted maybe 5 wheelin trips, including the road time to them

Weasel said:
Oh really. The BFG rep had blues on his hummer and got 20k from them.
and I bet the Interco rep got 60k out of his bogger'd hummer... :moon:

dont always believe what they tell you... there trying to sell there product and they will tell you what you want to hear for a sale...

Back