• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 Cherokee Steering Wheel Cover

soccerdude

NAXJA Forum User
The leather steering wheel cover on my 98 Cherokee Limited is detiorating really badly on the top. I am considering putting on a wheelskin leather cover. For those who have installed one before, did you remove the existing stock leather cover or is it just a fake cover?

Thanks!

i just put it over top.

make sure its tight.

I'm replacing mine too in a week or so...i'm adding cruise control and a new steering wheel while i'm at it. I paid roughly the same off ebay (you saved on shipping though :) ).

The steering wheel "cover" on my 98' Sport was fake, so you put the leather cover over the existing wheel. I purchased the Wheelskinz(sp)? leather cover last year and am very happy. The dark grey leather matched my interior perfectly and looks stock. Make sure you pull the twine tight as you sew it so the ends come together.

My '90 was getting really rugged - I cut it off and sewed on another over the cushioning. The original spats over the spokes weren't reused. I was in a rush and could have scienced out the stitching around the spokes a little better. Since it was a three piece the connecting stitching was put 12-4-8 oclock to avoid my hands. $5 and I expect to wear it out too, but it's leather.

Back