• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rolled rig no start...

mengleff

NAXJA Forum User
didn't get any offers on this XJ...
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8347&highlight=rolled
so i've decided to keep it and build it up. it cranks over great, and there's fuel pressure at the rail, but no start. i've noticed a couple of places that mice had started to nest since it sat on it's side for 2 days in the woods, but i can't see any wires that may be chewed. it sat on the drivers side for 48 hours. all the fluids are fine and looks like a little battery acid and power steering fluid are all that leaked. i'd never had any CPS problems previous to this, could sitting on the side cause the CPS to give me a no-start? anything else i could check that sitting on the side might cause to screw up?

If you have fuel, then it's gotta be a spark or air issue.

Laying on it's driver's side shouldn't bother the CPS at all, but in those 48 hours... Did any (how much) oil seep into the intake/TB/Exhaust and foul your IAC or into the vacuum system? O2 sensor? How's the air filter look?

Check the spark 1st thing, maybe swap the plugs and air filter too IMHO, then go deeper in if neccesary.

HTH

sounds almost like the cps, try unplugging it and reconnecting it and wee what happens, then do that stuff that involves money and time that woody said up there

if your motor/tranny mounts are in bad shape, the CPS actually could have been smacked into the transmission tunnel on the body, or thw wiring laid into the exhaust manifold and melted.

Back