• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good spots to punch through the firewall?

deepshax

NAXJA Forum User
im new to the world of xj's and im installing a little sub/amp for my listening pleasure.

is there a particulary good spot in the firewall to run the amp lead to the battery??

i was thinking trying to run the lead along side the hood release grommets but unsure if there is a better spot.

thanks

joe

Look to the left (from the front of the motor) of the steering as it comes through the firewall. There is rubber plug there that works nicely. That's where I've run my amp, inverter and CB wires through on their way to the battery.

-river

X2, that where I ran my motorola hard wired power thru, then up into the loom that runs across and then up to the PDC where I hooked it on the end where the power lug is. I don't want a bunch of little cables running off my battery posts... oh, and they are all fused within 2-4 inches of that power post with waterproof bayonet inline fuses.

river fever has a good spot. The other spot I used for my plow wiring is the flat spot where the hood release comes thru the firewall. I just drilled a couple of holes & used grommets to protect the wires.

im not sure if what im looking at is the same thing your talking about...would you happen to have a pic?

do you see where your brake fluid resivoir is. It is right under that and a little towards the engine. There is large grommit there. big enough to run all of your electrical needs. I run my power leads from the battery along the wire harness that runs along the upper part of the fire wall.

On my 95 I put a 1" hole and grommet through the firewall just behind the washer fluid reservoir. That drops down behind the dash on the passenger side and allows many possibilities. I did it there to have a shorter run to the battery for my future inverter. Oh, worked great for running a hose inside for on-board air, too.

Ben H said:
do you see where your brake fluid resivoir is. It is right under that and a little towards the engine. There is large grommit there. big enough to run all of your electrical needs. I run my power leads from the battery along the wire harness that runs along the upper part of the fire wall.

yea i see it...the grommet to the bottoem left of the resevior?

Back