• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lookin to gear up what do you think of this

Id find out what brand they are. The overhaul kit probably contains: Pinion seal, Cover gasket, Carrier bearings. pinion bearings, ect. A master kit probably has all the above plus shims, alxe bearings and seals, ect. Rawbrown may chime in, its his specialty.

yea it does doesnt it, then ill need a carrier, pobably 45 bucks for a new one seems like a saver to me, so 445, that sounds good, but has anyone found a cheaper combo, with comparative quality (i dont want to have a rinky dink drive line you know)

you should also give 4 wheel parts a call. Tell them what these guys are offering and they will probably beat it. Make sure you tell them superior gears, master over haul kits, front D30 carrier and see what kind of package price they offer. good luck.

etaniyani said:
you should also give 4 wheel parts a call. Tell them what these guys are offering and they will probably beat it. Make sure you tell them superior gears, master over haul kits, front D30 carrier and see what kind of package price they offer. good luck.
Don't waste your money on their " Genuine Gear" brand.......Genuine Junk!----------Hans

My .02.. where ever you get your parts. I do suggest getting the Yukon Master install kit for your specific axle.
So far, its the most complete kit I have found including ring gear bolts and axle seals. As for gears, Yukon isn't making gears for the 8.25 right now. youll have to spend a few $$$ more for USA gear.
As for superior gear, good product. I rank it up there with Dana Spicer as far as quality. Same for Yukon. I've seen them both go and I have installed mostly Yukon. If a gearset is gonna fail, its most likely to fail in the first 1000 miles or so. but on the whole, the vast majority of all gear failure can be contributed to a half ass installer not acheiving a perfect pattern. And thats the most important thing.

Back