• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

advice on storing sway bar

mudrat

NAXJA Forum User
i 've been just zip tying the front sway bar out of the way when i dont need it but was hoping you guys had some better way of stowing the sway bar out of the way .pics if you got them.

mudrat said:
i 've been just zip tying the front sway bar out of the way when i dont need it but was hoping you guys had some better way of stowing the sway bar out of the way .pics if you got them.
Search for sway bar disco cable. IIRC FitchVA did a write-up on how to make some very similar (if not identical) to those sold by DPG and RockLizard. I made some and they work great. It can be done for around $20.

DPG
DiscoCables2.jpg

Definatley make your own

I used to use a short bungie cord, and eyes like in the above pic. now it's hanging on a nail in the garage.

Slip Kid said:
I used to use a short bungie cord, and eyes like in the above pic. now it's hanging on a nail in the garage.

X2, but I just hooked thru the frame. Swaybar in junk parts pile now (not my DD).

Trash bin was the best place I found to put them. Rides so much better with out them. :cool:

Rob $.02

Install a washer or two under the bolt head that holds your tow hook bracket on, or in the alternative, put in a bolt where that hole is. Then when you disconnect you only need to give the bar a quick kick and it's up and over the bolt head, staying there until you pull it back down at the end of the day.

If you look at the photo above you'll almost see a bolt head where the swaybar retention cable ferrule is.....using that hole I ran a grade 8 bolt through with a big washer and it works really well.

Once that is done you have more options for holding the discos up since you don't have to support the entire weight of the swaybar anymore.

Back