• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel filter keeps leaking.

jkgaddis

NAXJA Forum User
So, i was smelling gas everytime i got out of my xj then one day i found my fuel fiter leaking. so i replaced it. easy enough. so that lasted a week. today i found it leaking again. its not leaking at the hoses. its at the seam of the filter. i cant figure out what would cause it to repeatedly leak. i havent been offroading since the swap. i torn down some gravel roads but i cant find any signs of dents or abuse on the filter.

ANY IDEAS?

You must have gotten a defective filter.Or somewhere on the bracket is rubbing thru the filter.I wrapped electrical tape on the clamping side to hold the filter tighter.The hose may go bad too,but that is not your problem now.
Wayne

Concur. Defective filter is the most common cause.

I do, however, keep 1/8" sheet Neoprene in the toolbox, so I can cut new filter strap pads at intervals. Cheap peace of mind, I think... I usually just cover the filter entirely, since that helps to afford some protection, and allows me to move the pad slightly each time (if it's still in usable condition.)

5-90

Back