• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where is the other end of the wire!?!

Sarek

NAXJA Forum User
So I got the OHC from JSchumada and pretty much got it installed tonight before it got too dark to work.

I have the temperature sensor plugged into the wire in the middle of the front bumper. Now where is the other end of this? I've pretty much given up and figure I need to tear up under the hood and trace the darn thing since I can't find it and my searching has yielded nothing. Well almost nothing, one reference to 2 wires near the battery.

I have a single pink wire on the harness labeled "temp sensor" and no where to plug it!

When I installed mine on my 2000, The wiring was in the harness i got off the donor. Plug it into the OHC compass/temp module and it should be good to go. I only had to buy and install the sensor. The wiring is only for the OHC and goes straight from the rad support to the plug in by the fuse box. From there up the new harness to the OHC. What year is your XJ?

2000 xj

I have the wire in the harness but can't see where to plug it in. Maybe the wire was cut short and a new end put on in the harness I have. But I can't see where it would be plugged into the OHC, all the conections are filled. So it has to be some other wire that just isn't going up to the headliner.

Does your OHC have a connector with a pink, black and yellow wire. If so, that's the visor and overhead lights and plugs into the fuse block over the little silver relay.

Last edited:
The temp sensor is the Violet/Light green and Black/Light Blue paired wire. Runs straight from sensor though C101(sensor connector) >C201(connector in Kick panel) > C301 (connector at Compass/Overhead Module). This is straight from 2000 XJ FSM. I just put my OHC in about 6 weeks ago. It plugged right in.

Know what? I'm stupid. The wire I thought was the temp sensor one was for the vivsor lights. *sigh*

It's all installed and working. Thanks for making me think a little differently about it and see the error of my ways.

Back