• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockcrusher covers $45-$53!!!!!!!

d10shun

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.mad4wd.com/tek9.asp?pg=pr...ific=jmpnmqloo

Got this from Andrew over at AZVJC virtualjeepclub.com

Dana 30 covers = $45 plus shipping!
Dana 44 covers = $48 plus shipping!
Dana 60 covers = $53 plus shipping!

Absolutely insane prices for a beefy cover. There are slight issues of clearance with stock vehicles but nothing a little grinding can't handle. The diff covers are all back ordered about a month or so. They are being casted in AUstralia and are being shipped. Mad4wd won't charge until they ship. I just ordered mine yesterday.

Guy on the phone at mad4wd said tell your friends... so here you go!

RC-Diff-Cover-Large.jpg

I'd pick one up if they made one for the 8 1/4"

Would this address the "peeling" issue I've heard about with the 8 1/4?

The cover on the 8.25 sticks below the housing a little bit, its easy to get it hung up on stuff. I haven't peeled it back enough to bend it, but I've got it leaking a few times.

I have heard on another board that there may be some 'legal' issues with mad4wd selling so cheap. Mad4wd says they want to 'undercut' the competition but who knows.

I don't really see a problem. Offering a good product, for a good price. That's the american way. Of course he has to sell cheaper then the competition, that is how business works. He has my support.

jayuu said:
i ordered the d30. i dont really care about the rear as i rarely back into rocks.

You just doomed yourself dude.:flame:

Blue XJ said:
The cover on the 8.25 sticks below the housing a little bit, its easy to get it hung up on stuff. I haven't peeled it back enough to bend it, but I've got it leaking a few times.

Seems like an odd design choice for a rear axle - on a front-facing one, this probably wouldn't be as much of an issue (bending it would just crimp it a little tighter).

So what they mean by "shaving" the 8.25 is simply grinding down the bottom lip of the cover so that it doesn't protrude below the housing? Interesting.

Rob

RickyN29 said:
I don't really see a problem. Offering a good product, for a good price. That's the american way. Of course he has to sell cheaper then the competition, that is how business works. He has my support.

there is no problem selling the product for whatever price he wants. however, according to another forum I watch, the manufacturer is upset because he is not abiding by the minimum advertised price agreement

I noticed this last week and placed an order - I got a backordered message back. Super deal, but will it go through?

IntrepidXJ said:
there is no problem selling the product for whatever price he wants. however, according to another forum I watch, the manufacturer is upset because he is not abiding by the minimum advertised price agreement

One of the guys on CO4x4 website knows the guy and sent him an email. A few things that were in questions was one is he a autherized dealer of those and second was if you are you can't sell them less than a set price. His next responce was the issue was being taken care of. Well that was 2 3 weeks ago and the prices are the same. I ordered a front d30 and rear d44. They don't get charged tell they ship deal and for 42 48 bucks a pop I jumped on it.

jdogg4 said:
One of the guys on CO4x4 website knows the guy and sent him an email. A few things that were in questions was one is he a autherized dealer of those and second was if you are you can't sell them less than a set price. His next responce was the issue was being taken care of. Well that was 2 3 weeks ago and the prices are the same. I ordered a front d30 and rear d44. They don't get charged tell they ship deal and for 42 48 bucks a pop I jumped on it.

yeah....CO4x4 is where I saw it.....but the thread has seemed to disappear

DaveD912 said:
I noticed this last week and placed an order - I got a backordered message back. Super deal, but will it go through?

from what the guy said because they are shipping from austrailia is that the d44s and c8.25 are on the boat and should be here soon. The D30s are just going into production and he said 6 to 8 weeks back on those. I took screen shots of the website and saved them so if he trys to bill the old CC for anything other than what he had posted online I'll fight them. Call CC company and report the charge.

IntrepidXJ said:
yeah....CO4x4 is where I saw it.....but the thread has seemed to disappear

yep it wasn't in the forsale section and or vendor section and they don't let post with vender badmouthing issues stay up very long. it was up for a day and that was it.

I ordered a D30 and will be waiting for the 8.25 cover too. I'm in no rush so we'll see how long it takes. Good deal and I don't care if he's undercutting the competition or not. He got my sale and if you get a good deal, who cares? If the competition follows suit, then they will get more biz as well.

Ya as far as the price thing goes thats between rockcrusher and the guy selling them for that price. What I want to know is RC says they have to sell them for at least 125 is bottom line well how can he sell them for only 50 something and make a profit off of them. That leads me to think they only cost 25 bucks to make so RC is making a killing on these puppies. But if they are as bad A$$ as they come off being and providing I get mine with no problems I'll be a happy camper.

IntrepidXJ said:

Ahhh, okay that is totally different. I thought this was his own, original, product. Yes, you absolutely have to abid by pricing agreements as a reseller.

Rob Mayercik said:
So what they mean by "shaving" the 8.25 is simply grinding down the bottom lip of the cover so that it doesn't protrude below the housing? Interesting.

Rob

Not exactly, the bottom of the 8.25 has a big chunk of steel hanging down in the center of the housing. You could shave that off and gain probably 1/4 - 3/8" clearance,

Back