• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 From ZJ or WJ

profonde

NAXJA Forum User
Want to swap a D44 from either a ZJ or WJ. Measured them and they are very close(2.5in longer) do you guys advise this swap? Because it seems the only way here in Turkey to make a D44 swap. My other concern is that i can not find any performance axles for the d44 on ZJ or WJ checked Superior and yukon anybody know?

Those are "Dand 44HD" -- don't let the name fool you. They use an aluminum center section and none of the regular D44 aftermarket stuff is compatible. Look for a used XJ 44 instead if bolt in is what you're after...

but dont you think its better than a D35 even i use them stock?

or if it is realy bad what do you suggest i can not find xj d44s in Turkey but can find wagoneer D44s but there are many types right??

profonde said:
but dont you think its better than a D35 even i use them stock?

or if it is realy bad what do you suggest i can not find xj d44s in Turkey but can find wagoneer D44s but there are many types right??
No I don't, The ZJ/WJ D 44 have been know to have problems. FWIW unless your running larger than 33's locked, or 35's open a 29 spline (97-01 XJ) Cry 8.25 would probibly be your best choice considering your location.

nothing wrong with it, except that you will have to address either the front or rear lug patterns unless you want to run two different wheels, since the waggy is 6 on 5.5...

Back