• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'89 XJ-No Spark any ideas.

devo87

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone, i have an '89 XJ 4.0L and went out to start it and it will turn over but no fire. I have replaced the coil, ignition control module, rotor, distributor cap, plugs and wires. Still no spark. I don't know what else to check. All my connections are tight and the battery cables are fine no corrosion. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Devin.

Alright this probably sounds really dumb but i went out and looked on the tranny bell housing and i don't see it. If im looking at the motor which side would it be on? Sorry guys im still learnin.

It's on the drivers side near the top. If you look down and find the right angle (with a flashlight) you can see the plastic cover from the rear of the motor, between the intake manifold and the firewall. But you really can't reach it from the top, unless you have baby sized hands.
Somebody a while back posted a picture of the CPS (and the bell housing looking up from the bottom left) in a thread. Might take some digging, but search CPS.

Back