• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ washer bottle into a 1990.. has it been done or possible??

Here is the story, I recently installed my Airflow snorkel, and as many know it differs from ARB by comming into the engine bay where the washer bottle sits on a 1990. So I now have no washer bottle, not a good thing. So what I want to do to save engine bay space is install a 97+ fender washer bottle but I am unsure if it will work due to the following reasons

1.) I have bushwacker cutout flares.
2.) Will it fit besides cutting out the filler neck hole and mount properly
3.) what about the wiring and pumps. will my 1990 wiring power and run the pumps properly or will I need to do a custom wiring job and or swap pumps from my old washer bottle to the newer style one..
4.) is it possible to swap pumps as per #3?

If it is possible the local pick a part will sell me one for 25 bucks and since its behinde a mangled fender yet full of fluid I know it is a good bottle. Can anyone tell me if this is a possible swap. I searched and there was a post on the same type of topic but no answers and I see alot of posts on putting an older style bottle in a newer cherokee but no info on how they were wired up/modifed to work

Should work with a little wire splicing and tube splicing. I swapped a mid 90s washer bottle in mine and the wiring went fine. This bottle sits on the pass side where the coolant bottle used to sit.

DSCN6030.jpg

T&A-XJ said:
Should work with a little wire splicing and tube splicing. I swapped a mid 90s washer bottle in mine and the wiring went fine. This bottle sits on the pass side where the coolant bottle used to sit.

DSCN6030.jpg
Sorry about the off-topic but how did you relocate your coil to fit the coolant bottle there? I have the coolant bottle from a 91+ in my 90 but its just chillin back in the corner.

I was going to do it on my 91 but I sold it. Had it all planned out. The only issue is getting the tubing routed. The wiring is easy as long as you have the connectors. a hole saw will get the filler neck through. You will have to do some fabbing get the lower front mount tab done but if you can do a lift you can do this! I'd call it a 2 on the 5 wrench scale.

Back