• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

odd mooing noise

Gnat5680

NAXJA Forum User
so i posted this before but no one answered so her i go again.

my car no matter what im doing weather it be in park, drive, reverse, moving, or sitting still it will make an odd noise that sounds like a high pitch moo. like a cow. i've gotten an oil change since i posted last and it is still as bad if not worse. it will last about a second if not less. i don't know if it can be heard on the outside of the car but i do get weird looks (that may just be me). it sounds like it is coming from the engine compartment towards the middle.

if you want to know any more information just ask and i will let you know.

The only high-pitch moo(s) that I've ever gotten came from the air controls -- pneumatic solenoids.

Try playing with the temperature controls....

im not sure but it may be the air cond. because i don't hear it when its off(i don't think so but i may be wrong)

i will check that out but if any one may have another guess please post. i will let you know tomarrow if that was the problem. but keep posting please.

Thanks!!

I have the same problem with my '94, I know exactly what you're talking about. The only consistent factor, in my case, is that the sound only seems to occur when the engine is cold. It doesn't seem to matter if the heater or AC is on or off. It does it right at start up, just for a second or two, and then it will go away, only to return when I hit the gas hard. This only happens when the engine is cold, as I said, and goes away when up to temp. I haven't spent much time looking into it yet, so I'm not much help, but I thought I would describe the problem the best I could. I'd love to hear any comments/advice from somebody who may know what's up! TIA,
Justin

Odd mooing noises? First thing that came to mind was that you may have a beej-worhy woman in one (or more) of the seats...

Can you only hear it from inside, or is it constant enough that you can hear it while walking around the outside? Some part of me is wondering about your a/c compressor as well..

i think it may be the ac. i was driving to today and yesterday with the windows down and no noises. it come from the frount at random time no matter what the temp is. if it is the vacum or the ac what should i do to fix it?

Gnat5680 said:
i think it may be the ac. i was driving to today and yesterday with the windows down and no noises. it come from the frount at random time no matter what the temp is. if it is the vacum or the ac what should i do to fix it?

My ZJ ac compressor sounds like that. Pop the hood, turn the ac on and see if the sound corresponds to the compressor kicking on.

Back