• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heavy duts coils

XJBeater

NAXJA Forum User
I noticed that there is 2 choices for xj coils. Regular suspension and Heavy duty. The only differences I found are a slightly bigger wire size and they can handle about 250 lbs more weight and they are a little longer. Besides riding rougher and less flex, any downfalls? I can see maybe getting an inch or so lift from these. I have a broken spring and plan on a BB so I think these maybe a better choice. Anyone had experience?

my MJ had heavy duty coils. It did ride a bit stiff.
My ride got better when I put 3" lift coils on.

Carquest sells a "heavy duty" replacement coil and it ends up giving anywhere from 2-2.75" depending on the rig, and they really seem to ride as fine as stock. I don't think they feel any harsher.

-Kevin
cyberbackpacker

These are the coils that are part of the factory UpCountry HD suspension. They are 1" taller than stock and only slightly firmer riding. I have them on my 2000 with a 2" BB and they are comfortable on road and flex well offroad. I see no problem adding them to your XJ especially if you carry cargo or lots of camping stuff and/or tools and spare parts.

Back