• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Hard rear bumper and tire carrier.

anderld47

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anyone have one? Pics? Or the search terms to see what's already been posted. Pricey as hell, but looks like good quarter panel protection. Any thoughts?

Thanks

I checked one out at the Offroad Expo. It's heavy. However, it is built like a tank and has the smoothest operating tire swing I've seen. Even with a 35, it was smoother and quieter than the POS doors on my XJ. :)
I remember the ends being 1/4" material and wrapping all the way under the corners.
Did I mention it's heavy? It was well assembled, well designed, and had some nice features. IMO.

Last edited:
Give JCR Offroad a look. I just recieved their tire carrier bumper and can't wait to install it. Shot some paint on it today. I'm sure I'll post up pics when I get it on the Jeep. I It looks like it should handle just about anything I can throw at it.

www.jcroffroad.com

Starscream918 said:
Pricey is right. Check out Detours or C-Rok if you want quarter panel protection. Both - with carriers - can be had for around $650.

Thanks, like the C-rok bumper, but the carrier takes out too much rear window. Had a Tompkin bumper and carrier once and only smacked the tire once while wheeling... and I could look when I backed up.

just spoke to them today about a front bumper. nice, and really willing to work with you. their stuff is beefy. the rear bumper is a bit spendy for me though, so I'll probably go with a rigidco or detours.

Before you do anything as far a rear bumper goes...or any other type of armor...

I think you owe it to yourself to check out AJ offroad armor at:
www.ajsoffroadarmor.com

good guy and can prolly save you some $$$ on a VERY quality product.

I think he has a rear bumper with tire carrier for $400 or so...

Last edited:
Back