• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

73mm throttle body installed....pics

Can you tell us about the performance gains? Just a bigger throttle body increase performance?? I am thinking about putting Hescos 68.

profonde said:
Can you tell us about the performance gains? Just a bigger throttle body increase performance?? I am thinking about putting Hescos 68.

i cant tell ya anything yet, the intake isnt back on the jeep, i had to cut the hole in the intake about 10mm bigger.....

i did it because this is a 4.5L stroker thats getting turbod, other than that, 65mm would be enough for a 4.5/4.6

62mm is overkill for a 4.0

How much PSI are you going to be running on that? I see that is a Garret turbo, with the .72A/R, what model is it? Do you plan on running an intercooler too? Blow off valve, wastegate, ect? You probably know about methanol injection, cryo spray bar, ect... Im starting my SBC 406 TT buildup this winter, with Precision Turbo PT61's. Or a single PT76GTS. Methanol kit, NOS on the inlet side(Small shot, gets 'em spooling a little faster), and maybe a Cryo kit, intercooled, all that good chit.

12GaugeXJ said:
How much PSI are you going to be running on that? I see that is a Garret turbo, with the .72A/R, what model is it? Do you plan on running an intercooler too? Blow off valve, wastegate, ect? You probably know about methanol injection, cryo spray bar, ect... Im starting my SBC 406 TT buildup this winter, with Precision Turbo PT61's. Or a single PT76GTS. Methanol kit, NOS on the inlet side(Small shot, gets 'em spooling a little faster), and maybe a Cryo kit, intercooled, all that good chit.

its a gt4088

i have a HKS BOV
Tial wastegate with a 5.6PSI spring
shopping for an intercooler currently

i was thinking of water injection, but ive heard mixed results. right now im just doing the turbo and intercooler at 6psi

12GaugeXJ said:
Humm, Ive herd nothing but good about the methanol injection kit. Im trying it, only like 200 bucks, but you could easily build the same thing yourself.

maybe down the road, this is my daily driver, so im not going too crazy

profonde said:
So you are saying that there wont be any gains from putting a bigger TB to a normaly aspirated 4.0 right?

maybe 1-2 hp and .5 mpg? at best going to a 60mm, if you go too big youll start hurting performance

converting the renix tb to the new HO type then will gain 5 hp or so maybe?(or maybe just bore it hesco makes a kit for it though)

profonde said:
converting the renix tb to the new HO type then will gain 5 hp or so maybe?(or maybe just bore it hesco makes a kit for it though)

i dont really know, when i did mine, i did the hole motor, and its a stroker, so i have no clue what just swapping the intakes would do

Back