• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is weird vacuum globe in front bumper?

condoor

NAXJA Forum User
I'm replacing the front bumper of my 2000 XJ and noticed a plastic ball about 3" in diameter on the passenger side of the bumper with a vacum line coming out of it. What is it? Is it needed? Where are people relocating these to?

thx
Chris

its a vacuum reservoir... yes you need it to run your heater system, the ducts are vacuum operated. i relocated mine up under the hood. its an easy mod....

i hope you didnt remove it, thats the vacuum calibration reservoir.... it acts as the vacuum sealant copassitor and de-grovulates your engine.

if you remove that or even loosen the tubes id consider getting a new engine or face catastrophic malfunction

just kiddin lol its what striptide said lol
you could have searched, at least a dozen threads with the same question

guess that explains why my ducts keep getting messed up. i took off the bumper the other day and saw the thing. the hose was completely unattached to anything, and was too lazy to see where it went to. just figured it wasnt important cas my jeep runs fine. However, my heating/air ducts will open/ close randomly while in use. now i know how to fix it :)

Is it at all related to the brakes? I swear my brakes feel softer than they did before I had this globe disconnected. Do you have to do anything special if you pull the globe off when you reconnect it?

thx
-c

Back