• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys vs skyjacker (leafs)

*xj-man*

NAXJA Forum User
well im in a bit of a tangle... i have rutys 6.5 in springs right now (sagged)on my jeep and i got a 1.5" add a leaf. also i just ordered some used 7.5" skyjacker rear springs..

1 rebuild rustys springs
2 put in skyjacker springs

all info will be greatly appreciated..
thanks

..yes i did search.

is your question whether you should rebuild or add the new ones in?

if so id say its really up to whatever you want out of em.

6.5 inch leafs (after you rebuild them) will be softer and flex more than the 7.5 inch leaves
either one would get the job done, but the rebuild would obviously be cheaper but may sag again

just depends on how soft you want em
if your coils are soft do the rebuild cause you will be more prone to a roll over if you ever get into a tipsy situation.

my .02

what are you getting at ?

i'll take a stab that you are asking whether you should

A.rebuild and reuse the Rustys leafs
or
B.install the Skyjacker leafs and sell/get rid of the Rustys leafs

i liked my Rustys leafs and they did not sag on me

I have a 4.5" Rusty's with an F250 add a leaf welded on. I have a custom swing away tire rack on the back with a 33/12.5 mounted and I get no sag. It still flexes well, but no sag.

are they old 6.5's, bc he changed the design to the current about 2 years ago. mine have not sagged any. still give me ~7.5

I've had my Skyjacker 7.5" leafs for almost 5 years now and they havent' sagged at all, even though people bash skyjacker, most of the stuff that they make is actually good and their customer service has never been bad to me, it's funny that most of the people that bash skyjacker have never even used their products and the few that actually have used a product and have had a problem didn't even use the same products, just like I think rusty's steering conversion sucks because it broke the first day I had it doesn't mean his leafs suck...

Zice said:
the aal pack will ride stiffer than the skycrapper... my aal made my jeep ride like a rock hawler...

TheHighHeat said:
I've had my Skyjacker 7.5" leafs for almost 5 years now and they havent' sagged at all, even though people bash skyjacker, most of the stuff that they make is actually good and their customer service has never been bad to me, it's funny that most of the people that bash skyjacker have never even used their products......

People "bash" Skyjacker because I could lift my rig twice with what they charge for their stuff...........:passgas:

so people bash a good product because of price? if that's the case then I think the rubicon sucks balls because it's more expensive and you know what sports cars that cost like 50k suck ass as well, that's terrible thinking, just because someone isn't willing to pay the the price of a product doesn't mean it sucks, I paid the extra and bought a RR lift and I would never change it no matter how much money I could save, btw, this isn't directed o you 91JeepProject, I'm just getting tired of people bashing a product because they read it on a forum, it's getting rediculous

91 Jeep Project said:
People "bash" Skyjacker because I could lift my rig twice with what they charge for their stuff...........:passgas:

TheHighHeat said:
so people bash a good product because of price? if that's the case then I think the rubicon sucks balls because it's more expensive........

You are sadly mistaken there. They don't 'bash' soley on price. They take into account the quality of the part versus the price they charge. Most Rubicon Express products are just as well built if not better then most Skyjacker products. And at usually half the price..............:lecture:

thats true, i have the rustys 4.5 and love it, i was thinking hey, skyjacker is a huge name, and they have great colors lol but then i see the price and what they offer, their shocks look great cause they have a decal and red shock boots, im sure they are of no better quality than any other brand offers. its the fact that they charge twice the price for a product thats equally as good.

id say if it were between rustys and skyjacker, rustys simply because you could get a 4.5" with a sye and new uppers for the same price as the basic skyjacker lift

Back