• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires

Lifted01XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I know everyone in the world has asked this question a million times and NO iam not a newbie!! just recently i installed 4.5 inch lift kit with a 1-inch t-case drop and fixed lower arms. i have an adjustable trackbar and everything and i just got it aligned, but i still get death wobble at like 45-50 mph real bad to where it shakes me off the highway so i dont know if it goes away. i have a used set of 32's that i threw on there for the mean time till i get new ones, the tires themselves have pretty good wear (some worse than others) my question is, is it the tires with the different wear levels making the death wobble or what? some people say it could be your CA's!! thanks for any help

Bad/out of balance/out of round tires/wheels can contribute to death wobble, but usually the death wobble they start are a symptom of something else loose or worn. Double check your trackbar, make sure it is bolted down to specs, have someone turn the wheel with the steering unlocked and the power off while you watch every single bolt/joint for play. A lot of times it is the axle end bolt of the trackbar especially if it was unbolted at any time and just not torqued down correctly.

Back