• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CCV Fresh Air Tube has oil in it ???

Kdplyn

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 with some starting issues... it takes forever to get it to fire. Last weekend I replaced the IAC actuator and it started and ran like a "regular" car. Well for the first 2 days and now I can progressively see the long cranking starting issue coming back. I am wondering if the oil that is comming into the intake is gumming everything up again... I've talked to some people here and they say there 4.0's have had oil in the breather box. It just doesn't seem right to me. Would making a baffle to go under the hole for the CCV fresh air hose be any good? The Jeep runs too good to shoot, just yet, so any help would be great!

Thanks,
Mike

Here's another place to look:
http://www.madxj.com/
I did the 99+ big tube CCV on an '88 Comanche with a 4.0. I used a '95 valve cover. I have pics if needed. I was puking a quart of oil a week. Probably 150 miles to 200 miles. I drove it for 2 months with no oil in the airfilter. I think the main cause is the valve cover seal. I would use RTV to seal it, or possibly one of the new style rubber gaskets. I have heard of using an '85 CJ's PVC grommet and PVC check valve to replace the CCV tube. I hear it works great. You would also need the fitting for the intake manifold.
Tom

Back