• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Done the searches and still have question? 6.5 inch lift 35's

dgsmith7

NAXJA Forum User
So basically I got a 90 XJ, going to go with 35's for sure, I got 6.5 inch rough country springs, and I have already trimmed 1 inch off the rear and about 2 inches from the front( plan on doing more) I have added 4 inch bumpstops up front, so basically I have 6 inches in the front if you count the stock bumpstop, what kinda length in the front are you guys running with your 6.5 inch lift? Now for the rear I plan to install the bumpstops after the new strings and shocks are in what kinda length are people running in the rear? I was planning on going to 7.5 inches of lift total, but I want to keep the COG of my truck a little lower? How do you guys find your 35's and 6.5 inch lift setup( wheeling included )?

dgsmith7 said:
How do you guys find your 35's and 6.5 inch lift setup( wheeling included )?

It's a little tippy. I was at ~6.5" and I lowered it back down a bit. I'd get a quality kit if you plan on that kind of lift. There are many things that need to be addressed when you go that high. Rough Country parts pretty much blow; you'll learn that sooner or later.

6.5 is too tall in my book for 35"s. i'm at about 5.5"s and they stuff well.

I'm just using the rough country front coils, I have a custom 4 link long arm setup I am installing as well, I also am using Fabtech LT shocks, so I will have a report on how these shocks are.

I run the RE 5.5" and 35's (on for 3 yrs) and it is my DD. I find at full stuff they rub just a little bit on the inner fender when at full stuff, a little bit longer bump stops will cure that currently they are 4".
The rear clears the triming I did about 1.5" made cuts as far as I could without cutting the pinch seam and then just folded them over.

For shocks I run OME that I got with the kit up front and the rear I run OME long travel ZJ shocks.

All in all I love the RE kit rides great wheels great. I don't think I would want to go any higher. I like the moto keep it low, trim a lot and wheel it hard.

Visit us at www.pa-wheeling.com A site that has a lot to offer.

I'm running 5" with 35's on 15x10's with 3.5" BS (equivalent to 15x8 with 1.5" BS as far as it sticks out), trimmed (not even past the pinch welds in the back) with daystar and hockey puck bumpstops in the front and some Full Traction rear bumpstop UBolt plates. Absolutely no rubbing whatsoever. The low wide stance is extremely stable and I have a lot more fun wheeling now that I don't feel like tipping over all the time.

RightSide2.jpg

6.5" and 35's, cut heavily. 3" front bumpstops, and a 2" bumpstop extension in the rear that doesnt actually do any good. I could see lowering it to 5.5", but am actually pretty happy with it how it sits. Primarily Rubicon Express gear, including drop brackets.

I put 4 more inches of bumpstop in the front, but I could always add more, I still wanna be able to bury the tires.

I've come to the conclusion that 35"s just arn't big enough... here's to waiting till I can afford to build a new front axle for it...

Rawbrown said:
I've come to the conclusion that 35"s just arn't big enough... here's to waiting till I can afford to build a new front axle for it...

I hope you'll pay someone else to build it. :D

Oh, back on topic. I run something like six???? with 37's. Front is 5" up and 7" down and back is 4.5 up and 6.6 down.

Lincoln said:
I hope you'll pay someone else to build it. :D

Oh, back on topic. I run something like six???? with 37's. Front is 5" up and 7" down and back is 4.5 up and 6.6 down.

I agree 6.5 is too much for 35's this is my current setup. So I am going to go to 37's to take up the extra room.

Back